Like IT

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Being an Army Spouse isn't for everyone.

It is hard to explain how this works. It seems to me there are 2 types of women that marry Army men. They either support their husbands to the end of the world or they are bat shit crazy. There is no real middle ground. I support my fiance and his career every step of the way. I may not like everything that we have to do for the Army, but at the end of the day I have to know and understand that it was something he chose to do for both himself and for our family.

The army isn't out to get us and they don't just sit around trying to figure out how to screw us over. I guess I can say that the army has been good to us. I know it has not been great for everyone. But for those who keep finding some way to bitch about how they hate the army and how it keeps them away form their husband and family. I am not that person. Yes I dislike that I am not by my family and when my fiance was deployed it was difficult. But he is doing something for me and my family that so many people are scared to do. He is also willing to give his life not only for me but for you and yours. It is a life choice. No one told him that he had to do any of this. It is one of the few great thing about being American. You have a choice with everything you do and a Government that will not force you otherwise.

I am opinionated and out spoken and sometimes really blunt. I hurt peoples feelings and often offend people. All I ask is Please have a thick skin when reading my blogs. I have a right to my opinion as do you and when commenting on anything I write on here know that I am open minded and love conversation. I like to know how others feel so that I may be able to understand another side better. Also know that I have never done this before and wanted to try it out.

This is my blog about being a veteran of the Army and my journey as an Army Wife, a government Contractor, a step mother and life in general. I have named myself Barefoot in the Army because that is the way I like to be and my way of living life in the Army.

1 comment: