Like IT

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Always on the move.

 As I sit at my desk writing this I am excited to say I made a new friend. It is someone who is moving to the area. As a soldiers wife, girl friend, or Fiance we are always on the move. Which means that I am only in a place long enough to make friends but not to have as a close friend. Well maybe I am saying this wrong. The words are hard to put together. I make friends all over the place. But when you move from one place to another it can be a little hard at first. I have to first get my family settled. Once that happens I have to then start to work on finding places to meet people. I am a picky person which also makes finding new friends difficult.
 When I say I am a picky person, it is hard to say to what level. I love meeting new people. I do not judge a book by its cover. I believe in giving everyone a chance. I am picky is a sense of where I find friends and the friends I keep. I am not an all chatty person. I try not to bitch and moan about my life too much I know everyone needs an outlet. But What I don't get is why the world always has to be falling apart for some people. And those are the ones I tend to stay away from. With that being said it seems that when I move from base to base, post to post I find that most of the women that I run into act as if that world is falling apart.
 I am a positive person. I try to find the good out of everything. Every time I move I look for the bright side of the rainbow. I have made life long friends at the places I have been and I get to see the world. I have 2 smart and wonderful kids who may not be my in blood but are mine in heart. I have a man who will do anything to make me laugh and keep me happy and knows that I would never ask for anything against his morals.
 Always being on the move keeps me active and on my toes. It opens new doors that have created a life for me that not may people get to live and enjoy. I have found that for me to be successful in my life I had to be willing to go outside of my comfort zone. With Every move I make I have had great success in both my career and in my life. I could not ask for more when it comes down to it. OK I guess I could ask to be more stable in my job and to have a better idea of what is coming next. But to be honest right now I am having fun with the undecided and unknown part of life. I have a plan, kinda like a dream, but I keep an open mind about it and know that when it is all said and done, I will be where I want to be when the time comes.
 I am young and still have a lot of life left in me. As an Army spouse we have to keep an open mind. If you close it you might miss the best part of living. If not today then when?

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment