Like IT

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Last night

  We have finally found a place to call our own. All of our stuff is moved in and now the unpacking has begun. here is the thing. I love moving. It is fun to stay some place for a little while and make new friends. Seeing what a town has to offer and then finding another place and trying your had there. The part that I do not like is that packing and unpacking. Man does that suck. So I have been kinda putting it off. But you wanna know why. Well it is because I don't have Internet or TV. I need 15 -30 mins of down time after work. If I don't get it I don't feel motivated. I am strange I know, but that is me. So I have been slacking a little this week. I have my dishes put away. Thank goodness I don't have my kids here.
  So last night I took a bum day, from anything moving. As I said before I don't have Internet or TV right now so I located my DVD player and watched a movie. Yesterday my fiancee and I it seems were in a Flesh eater mood. I say Flesh eater and not Zombie because they were originally George Romero movies, and if you know a little about him you will know that he thought of his creatures as Flesh eater and not Zombies. Now that my rant is done sorry about that, what was I saying again. Oh Yes.
  First we watched "Night of the Living Dead" the original. I have never seen that movie before. I have seen the remake. I must say I liked the original. It was a great b movie. It had everything it needed to make it a cult classic. It was great how Zombies got their start in the world of horror movies. Everything was so simple. there was not a lot of blood and guts. The black and white lay out of the movie really made it. At least it did for me. Yes there was some horrible acting in the movie but For the time frame the movie was made in it was a head of its time. My favorite line in the movie was "They are coming to get you Barbra." It was funny and great how it started out with a joke of how the dead were going to come and get her. That in the end they did.
  Second movie was "The Crazies" The re-make. I love that movie. I seen it when it can out and I just think it is great. I would love to see the original just so that I may compare how Breck Eisner interpreted George Romero's Movie. The Crazies is a movie that could happen and that is what really gives you the scare that you get. The what is going on? Why is it happening? Would the government really do that? The Flesh Eaters in the movie are not the really monsters in my mind, The government is. I was watching the extras on the movie and agreed with a couple people they interviewed that said that the Crazies is a movie that will be remade a few times just updated for the time. It fits in to any time frame. It did when it came out in 1973.
  For those of you who know me, know that I love horror movies. I am in to all kinds. I look for a different one every time I can. I really like ones that no one has heard of and always looking for something new and different so if you know of any please let me know. In the most recent year I have really gotten into Zombie and Flesh Eaters. I have been reading a lot of books, on it my Current author I like for a Zombie book is Joe Mckinney. Here are a couple of his Books if you get a minute I think they are great reads. Dead City, Flesh Eaters, and Apocalypse of the Dead. It has been interesting to learn how the Zombie stories got started, where the originated, and read how different people view them.
  I am interested on how you view them. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment